Before You Catch An Uber Or Lyft, Check Out The City's New Rideshare Zones
The City of Cincinnati is now designating nine locations as "rideshare zones" for drop-off and pickup. These locations in the Central Business District, Over-the-Rhine and at The Banks are intended to improve safety and mobility downtown for passengers using Uber, Lyft and taxis. Passengers are still permitted to drop-off and pick up as they have previously in areas outside the designated rideshare zones.
The rideshare zones are as follows:
- 12th Street just east of Main Street (Thursday to Sunday, 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.)
- Main Street at 12th Street, east side (Thursday to Sunday, 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.)
- Main Street at 13th Street, west side (Thursday to Sunday, 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.)
- Elm Street just north of Henry Street (Daily, 24/7)
Central Business District
- East and west sides of Walnut Street between Sixth and Seventh (Daily, 6:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.)
- North side of Second Street between Walnut and Main (Thursday to Sunday, 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.)
- Both sides of Freedom Way between Rosa Parks and Joe Nuxhall Way (Thursday to Sunday, 11:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.)
Joining Cincinnati Edition to discuss why city leaders decided to adopt these new rideshare zones is City of Cincinnati Department of Transportation and Engineering Director John Brazina.
Listen to Cincinnati Edition live at noon M-F. Audio for this segment will be uploaded after 4 p.m. ET.
Never miss an episode by subscribing to our podcast on your favorite provider. And if you have a chance, please rate, review and share with friends:
Copyright 2021 91.7 WVXU. To see more, visit 91.7 WVXU.