These Downtown And Surrounding Area Roads Will Close Saturday
The Queen Bee Half Marathon takes place Saturday, October 13, and will require some roads downtown and outside the city to close temporarily.
Although many streets will be closed, travel may be permitted in the opposite direction of the race course when separated by cones, says the Cincinnati Department of Transportation and Engineering. Crossing streets that intersect with the race route will also be permitted with the assistance of Cincinnati Police.
The following streets will close for setup of the start and finish lines starting Saturday at 4 a.m:
- Eggleston Avenue northbound between Sentinel and Court streets
- Reading Road northbound between Eggleston Avenue and 12th Street
The following streets will close at 7:30 a.m:
- Central Parkway eastbound between Sycamore Street and Eggleston Avenue
- Reading Road northbound between Eggleston Avenue and Elsinore Place
- Liberty Street exit from northbound I-471
- Elsinore Place between reading road and Gilbert Avenue
- Gilbert Avenue northbound between Broadway and Eden Park Drive (open to the Horseshoe Casino and I-71 ramp)
- Gilbert Avenue southbound between Eden Park Drive and Elsinore Place
- Eden Park Drive between Gilbert Avenue and Victory Parkway
- Art Museum Drive closed to through traffic between Paradrome Street and Eden Park Drive
- Victory Parkway between Eden Park Drive and McMillan Street (southbound Victory Parkway maintained between McMillan Street and Francis Lane)
- McMillan Street between Victory Parkway and Grandview Avenue
- Woodburn Avenue northbound between McMillian Street and Madison Road
- Madison Road eastbound between Woodburn Avenue and Observatory Avenue
- Observatory Avenue eastbound closed between Madison Road and Linwood Avenue
- Linwood Avenue southbound between Observatory Avenue and Eastern Avenue
- Eastern Avenue westbound between Heekin Avenue and Delta Avenue
- Delta Avenue northbound between Kellogg and Eastern avenues
- Riverside Drive eastbound between Eggleston and Delta avenues
- Eggleston Avenue between Riverside Drive and Reading Road
Beginning at 9 a.m., the following street will close:
- Reedy Street closed between Eggleston Avenue and Court Street
Metro service will be maintain although delays should be expected, the city says. All roads should reopen by about 1 p.m.
Copyright 2021 91.7 WVXU. To see more, visit .