Cincinnati Red Bike Riders Went Around Earth 12 Times
a bike share system of 50 stations and 385 bikes, is out with its first annual report, calling 2015 a "dream start."
President of the Board Leslie Maloney says, "Our community has embraced this new form of transportation and we will work to continue providing the highest quality and most fun transportation option in Cincinnati."
Among the findings:
- 116,739 rides taken on Red Bikes.
- 293,802 miles ridden-the equivalent of riding around the Earth 12 times.
- 11,651,944 calories burned-the same as losing 3,329 pounds.
- 17,683 different people rode Red Bike.
- After 9 months of operation, Red Bike expanded from 29-50 stations, a 70% increase.
Red Bike got rolling in Cincinnati in the spring of 2014, and expanded to Northern Kentucky last summer.
Copyright 2021 91.7 WVXU. To see more, visit .