Cincinnati Budget Motions Starting To Be Introduced
Cincinnati Council Member Charlie Winburn has introduced the first set of motions making changes to the budget plan submitted by Mayor John Cranley and City Manager Harry Black.
Winburn said the funding requests in the motions are ones that groups and individuals have asked to be included in the spending plan, which will take effect on July 1.
Winburn said he may or may not support the items, and the funding levels could be altered for the organizations if they are funded.
Requested capital budget items:
- $500,000 Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
- $350,000 Baldwin Park
- $300,000 Brewery District Community Urban Redevelopment Corp.
- $500,000 Center for Addiction Treatment (CAT House)
- $200,000 Ensemble Theatre
Requested general fund increases for organization already receiving city funds:
- $50,000 Cincinnati/Hamilton Co Community Action Agency/OH Valley Construction Fdn
- $25,000 CincyTech
- $75,000 Regional Economic Development Initiative Cincinnati
- $140,000 Cintrifuse
Council members have until Tuesday to submit their motions for budget changes to Winburn. The Budget and Finance Committee is expected to consider the motions and an omnibus budget motion at a meeting on June 20. The full council is expected to approve a budget on June 22.
Copyright 2021 91.7 WVXU. To see more, visit .