What's next for Ohio voters after approval of gerrymandered district maps?
This episode originally aired on Oct. 4, 2023.
Ohio’s legislative and congressional district lines are considered some of the most gerrymandered in the nation, meaning they are fixed to benefit one political party over the other.
Ohio’s districts for both the state's House of Representatives and Senate have been set for the next decade.
What was different this time around was bipartisan support for the plan.
We’ll discuss what’s next for Ohio voters.
- Mike Thompson, WOSU chief content director of radio
- Jo Ingles, politics and government reporter, Statehouse News Bureau
- Nickie Antonio, Senate Minority Leader, Ohio Senate
- Frank Strigari, Columbus attorney, former chief legal counsel for the Ohio Senate
- Jen Miller, Executive Director, League of Women Voters of Ohio
If you have a disability and would like a transcript or other accommodation you can request an alternative format.