The Ohio Newsroom: Disconnected Democracy
We know Ohioans’ views on the democratic process are polarized. So for the last few weeks, reporters across the state have sought out perspectives from everyday residents on the issues. Where is democracy working and where is it not? Where is the common ground?
Three public media organizations in the Ohio Newsroom teamed up to bring you a new collaborative project called Disconnected Democracy.
Today we’re going to look at the series as a whole, find out some lessons learned from reporters involved in the project, and highlight some of the unique voices heard during the series.
- Rick Jackson, Host, The Sound of Ideas, WKSU Ideastream Public Media
- Lucy May, Host, Cincinnati Edition, WVXU Cincinnati Public Radio
- Lauren Kelley, Founder, Leaders for Change
- Dr. Tee Ford-Ahmed, Communications and Media Director, Mount Zion Baptist Church Preservation Society
- Michele Weiss, Vice Mayor, University Heights
- Dr. Ed Singer, Retired Professor
- Shay Frank, Freelance Reporter
- Renee Fox, Reporter, WOSU
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.