The adolescent mental health crisis
New York Times Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Matt Richtel spent more than a year interviewing adolescents and their families for a New York Times series on the mental health crisis.
Matt joins the show to discuss the meteoric rise in anxiety and depression in young people, the shortage in psychiatrists, and how families are trying to navigate the maze of services.
- Matt Richtel, New York Times reporter covering the adolescent mental health crisis in his series Inner Pandemic.
- The New York Times: How to Help Teens Struggling With Mental Health
- The New York Times: Teens in Distress Are Swamping Pediatricians
- The New York Times: Hundreds of Suicidal Teens Sleep in Emergency Rooms. Every Night.
- The New York Times: ‘It’s Life or Death’: The Mental Health Crisis Among U.S. Teens
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.