Wellness Wednesday: Biden Administration Facing Criticism Over COVID Response
The Biden administration is facing sharp criticism for its response to the coronavirus as the highly contagious omicron variant continues across the U.S. uncontained.
At a heated Senate hearing yesterday, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Dr. Anthony Fauci exchanged words over COVID strategy. And former Biden advisers last week, in a series of published articles, faulted the White House for not doing more.
Today on Wellness Wednesday on All Sides with Ann Fisher, we discuss what a new federal COVID strategy should look like. We'll also discuss the first-of-its-kind CBD ad that is airing on major TV networks and the history of sterilization in the U.S. in light of a growing number of men who are signing up for vasectomies.
- Dan Diamond, national health reporter for The Washington Post
- James MacKillop, director of McMaster University’s Michael G. DeGroote Center for Medicinal Cannabis Research in Hamilton, Ontario
- Alexandra Minna Stern, history professor at the University of Michigan
- The Washington Post: Former Biden advisers call for ‘new’ covid strategy
- The Washington Post: White House, USPS finalizing plans to begin shipping coronavirus test kits to U.S. households
- The Washington Post: White House preparing to ask Congress for more funding for therapeutics, vaccines, other coronavirus health needs
- The Washington Post: U.S. sends states monoclonal antibodies that may not work against omicron
- Forced sterilization policies in the US targeted minorities and those with disabilities – and lasted into the 21st century
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.