The Endurance Of Fruit Cake As A Holiday Staple
Former Tonight Show host Johnny Carson quipped that there was only one fruitcake in the entire world people kept sending to each other.
We’ll look at the history of the enduring holiday staple and how it’s finding new life as an energy bar.
- Jeffrey Miller, associate professor of hospitality management at Colorado State University
- Randy Scott, president of Southern Supreme Fruitcake
- Stephanie Vandergriff, nutritionist and dietitian
- The Conversation: The magnificent history of the maligned and misunderstood fruitcake
- Outside: 2 Energy Snacks Fit for the Holidays
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.