Wellness Wednesday: What The Olympics Can Teach Us About Mental Health
Simone Biles cited a need to focus on her mental health in her move last week to pull out of the women’s team gymnastics final at the Tokyo Olympics.
The 24-year-old’s decision surprised fans and reignited a national conversation about mental health: when is it ok to push through and perform and when is it better to walk away?
Today on Wellness Wednesday on All Sides with Ann Fisher: what the world of elite athletes can teach us about mental health in general.
- Dr. Catherine Athans, psychologist, Certified Trauma Therapist and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Dr. Krystof Bankiewicz, professor of neurological surgery at Ohio State College of Medicine
- David Moses, PhD, postdoctoral engineer, University of California San Francisco Weill Institute for Neurosciences
- Nature Communications: Gene Therapy Study
- The New England Journal of Medicine: Neuroprosthesis for Decoding Speech in a Paralyzed Person with Anarthria
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.