The Future Of Scouting
Boys and girls are leaving Scouting in record numbers. The Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts report losing a combined 1.7 million members during the pandemic.
The dramatic drop comes as both organizations struggle to retain members, and the Boy Scouts deal with the fallout from 82,000 sex abuse cases and a subsequent bankrutpcy filing.
Today on “All Sides with Ann Fisher:” The future of Scouting.
- Jennifer Brown Urban, professor, Montclair State University
- Clay Risen, New York Times journalist and Scouting parent
- Jeff Moe, Scout Executive/CEO, Simon Kenton Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Tammy Wharton, president and CEO Girl Scouts Heartland Ohio
- Clay Risen, "Save Scouting. End the Boy Scouts." NYTimes Opinion
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.