Latest Columbus Police Shooting And The Derek Chauvin Verdict
Protesters took to the streets Tuesday night following news that a Columbus police officer had fired multiple shots that killed 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant on the city’s Southeast side.
Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther took the unprecedented step of releasing the body camera footage hours later.
The deadly shooting came minutes before a jury in Minneapolis found former police officer Derek Chauvin guilty in the death of George Floyd last May.
Coming up today on All Sides with Ann Fisher, the latest on the local case and the Derek Chauvin verdict.
- Shannon Hardin, president, Columbus City Council
- Hasan Kwame Jeffries, associate professor of history, The Ohio State University
- Hana Abdur-Rahim, Lead organizer, Black Abolitionist Collective of Ohio
- Sean Walton, attorney for the Casey Goodson Jr. family
- Kyle Strickland, senior legal analyst at the Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race & Ethnicity, Ohio State University
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.