Tech Tuesday: Social Media Fallout From Attack On U.S. Capitol
Parler, the social media network favored by conservatives, sued Amazon on Monday for taking the platform offline. That move comes after Apple and Google pulled the Parler app from their app stores and Amazon booted the social network from its Amazon Web Services hosting platform.
The escalating developments began when Twitter permanently banned President Donald Trump’s account, following deadly riots in the U.S. Capitol last week. Other social networks took similar action.
Today on Tech Tuesday on All Sides with Ann Fisher, the social media fallout after the riots and what comes next, plus student inventors bring us their bright ideas.
- Nitasha Tiku, tech culture reporter, The Washington Post
- Abby Fisher, programming director, Ohio Invention Convention
- Meghana Boda, high school inventor
- Soham Joshi, high school inventor
- Russell Holly, contributing editor, Android Central
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an alternative format.