Wellness Wednesday: Why Diabetes And COVID-19 Are A Dangerous Combination
Thirty-four million Americans are estimated to have diabetes and some 88 million, about one in three adults, are thought to be prediabetic.
Diabetes can complicate infection from COVID-19 in more ways than one, especially if blood glucose levels are high.
Today on Wellness Wednesday on All Sides with Ann Fisher we talk about why diabetes and COVID-19 are a dangerous combination.
- Dr. Benjamin Segal, chair of the department of Neurology and Director of the Neurological Research Institute, The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Lisa Gill, health and medicine investigative reporter, Consumer Reports
- Colleen Sinclair, Ph.D., associate professor of social psychology, Mississippi State University
- Consumer Reports: Why Diabetes + COVID-19 Is So Dangerous
- The Conversation: Intimate partner violence has increased during pandemic, emerging evidence suggests
- The Social Relations Collaborative
If you have a disability and would like a transcript or other accommodation you can request an alternative format.