Tech Tuesday: How To Safely Give Online
Crowdfunding sites like GoFundMe, Kickstarter and Indiegogo have seen an uptick in donations during the pandemic.
GoFundMe’s COVID-19 Relief Fund has raised more than $364,000 from thousands of donors, and a fund to help hourly workers has raised $1.4 million. And that doesn’t take into account individual appeals.
But an attorney who works in charitable law cautions consumers to be wary.
Today on Tech Tuesday on All Sides with Ann Fisher: Consumer-savvy tips for safe giving online.
- Monica Chin, tech reporter, The Verge
- Patrick Denier, supervising attorney, Charitable Law Section of the Ohio Attorney General’s Office
- Russell Holly, contributing editor, Android Central
- Ohio State Bar Association: What You Should Know About Crowdfunding
- Ohio Attorney General: Charitable Ohio
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an accommodation.