Who Speaks For Protesters?
This episode originally aired on June 25, 2020.
Protests against police violence and racial injustice have continued in Columbus and around the country since late May.
Some demonstrators are calling for the police to be reformed, while others want the departments defunded or even abolished. But who writes the new rules? Who are the demonstrators and who speaks for them?
Today on All Sides with Ann Fisher, we discuss who speaks for protesters on the street and in the halls of government.
- Ashley Howard, associate professor of history, University of Iowa
- Mia Santiago, founding member, Columbus Freedom Coalition
- Ambrose DuPree, Black Queer and Intersectional Collective
- Jasmine Ayres, community organizer, People’s Justice Project
- State Rep. Erica Crawley, Ohio 24th district for Southeast Columbus
If you have a disability and experience difficulty accessing this content request an accommodation.