The Challenges of Rural Education
Ohio’s rural school districts are face economic and academic challenges.
Rural districts can lack quality internet speed and have low student attendance. And most high schools in rural areas don’t offer college-prep courses, leaving less than a third of high school students unprepared for post-secondary education.
Today on All Sides, the challenges rural schools face.
- Terri Bucci, Ohio State University associate professor
- Ellen Giozinazzo, third-grade teacher, James A. Garfield Local School District
- Heather Boughton, Director Office of Research, Ohio Department of Education
- Tom Perkins, superintendent Northern Local School District
- Terri Bucci, associate professor and researcher Rural Education at Ohio State University