What's Behind The Cost Of Higher Education
Private Universities are trying new methods to attract students and lower the sticker shock of tuition. Atlanta-based Oglethorpe University recently announced a price-matching program offering students who qualify for admission the same rate flagship public universities in their home states.
Ohio State University also is addressing the tuition burden, eliminating course fees, extending in-state tuition to more military families from outside Ohio, and more.
Today on All Sides, how college tuition is figured and how colleges and universities reworking the equation to attract students.
- Rick Seltzer, business and managment reporter, Inside Higher Ed
- Sabrina Manville, co-founder of Edmit, a startup that calculates personalized tuition estimates for students
- Lawrence Schall, president, Oglethorpe University
- Stefanie Niles, vice president for enrollment and communications, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Michael Papadakis, interim CFO, Ohio State University
- Shamina Merchant, student government president, Ohio State University