Last year during this month, 13 year old Ty're King was shot by Columbus police. Now this year national and local incidents of violence and death occurring from police interactions with the Black communities continue to strain tensions between the two. Hear from community members, experts and police on what is or isn't changing with policing and learn about an event being held in memory King.
- Kim Jacobs, Columbus chief of police
- Dr. Delores Jones Brown, director, John Jay College Center on Race, Crime and Justice
- Jeff Pegues, author, "Black and Blue Inside the Divide Between the Police and Black America"
- Amber Evans, organizer, People’s Justice Project
- Keisha Soleil, artist & Free the People concert organizer
2nd Annual Free the People Concert events begin Saturday, September 30th at 6pm with an interactive beautification project, music and performances until 10pm. Corner of S. 18th Street and E. Capital Street.