Wellness Wednesday: Benefits of Walking, Back Pain, and Edible Weeds
Low back pain is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide, affecting eight out of ten Americans. Roughly $50 billion a year is spent on treatments that are meant to help relieve back pain, particularly spinal medicine, but are often ineffective or even harmful.
Today we'll discuss back pain and the back pain industry, the benefits of walking and the healthy effects of edible weeds.
- Dr. David Sabgir, Cardiologist and Founder, Walk with a Doc
- Phil Hanson, Walking Programs Manager, Columbus Public Health
- Cathryn Jakobson Ramin, Investigative Reporter and Author, "Crooked: Outwitting the Back Pain Industry and Getting on the Road to Recovery"
- Bruce Ackley, Extension Program Specialist Weed Science and Weed Team Head Coach, The Ohio State University
- Alyssa Lamb, Graduate Research Fellow, The Ohio State University