Wellness Wednesday: Children's Dental Health, the Science of Fat, Body Donation
Tooth decay is one of the most common chronic conditions among children and teens, but research found nearly one in four children in Ohio have not had a preventative dental visit in the previous 12 months.
Sealants provided in schools can be an effective way to prevent tooth decay in children, and a new national report by the Sealant Work Group provides recommendations for school-based sealant programs. Join us today as we discuss this, body donor programs, and the latest in wellness news.
- Eva Harrison, Dental Sealant Program Manager, Columbus Public Health
- Ginny Black, licensed school nurse, Columbus City Schools
- Dr. David Katz, founder, Yale University's Prevention Research Center
- Eileen Kalmar, Assistant Professor Clinical, Director of Anatomical Services & Body Donor Program
- Kirk McHugh, Divisional Director and Professor, Ohio State University Department of Biomedical Education and Anatomy