Wellness Wednesday: Identity Theft, Nursing Homes, and Heart Attack Symptoms
Consumer protections aren't currently designed for medical identity theft. Stolen medical information such as Social Security number, address, and email address can be used to obtain prescription drugs, expensive surgeries or even government benefits such as Medicaid. Today we are discussing medical identity theft, nursing home regulations and experiencing a heart attack.
- Howard Gleckman, Senior Fellow, Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center
- Diane Umansky, Editor, Consumer Reports
- Dr. Laxmi Mehta, Cardiologist and Director, Women’s Cardiovascular Health Program, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Cynthia Ravitsky, Heart Attack Survivor and Adjunct Instructor, Ohio State University-Newark
- Gayle Forman, Author, "Leave Me"