Possible Juvenile and Adult Prison Merger
Today at 10am
Several states throughout the country have consolidated their prison systems. It is believed that combining the juvenile system with the adult system cuts costs and creates efficiency. Many youth advocates, however, believe it negatively impacts juvenile rehabilitation. The idea of merging the two systems in Ohio is now up for debate.
- Erin Davies, Executive Director, Juvenile Justice Coalition
- Renuka Mayadev, Executive Director, Children’s Defense Fund of Ohio
- Randy Ludlow, Senior Reporter, Columbus Dispatch
- Judge Anthony Capizzi, President Elect, National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- Daniel Dew, Criminal Justice Fellow, Buckeye Institute