Wellness Wednesday: Irregular Periods, Contact Lens Health and Crypto Outbreak
Women throughout the country experience, irregular periods. However, this health issue is much greater among female athletes, especially those who train vigorously. Also, 40 million American's wear contacts, and about one million of them visit clinic or emergency departments as a result of poor care. And finally, many pools in the Columbus area were temporarily closed due to a parasitic outbreak in the water.
- Dr. Kate Berz, Assistant Program Director, Pediatric Sports Medicine Fellowship, Physician, Division of Emergency Medicine, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Dr. Holly Thacker, Director, Cleveland Clinic Center for Specialized Women’s Health
- Dr. Karla Zadnik, Dean, The Ohio State University College of Optometry
- Susan Tilgner, Health Commissioner, Franklin County Public Health
- Chris Wiant, Chair, Water Quality & Health Council, President and CEO, Caring for Colorado Foundation