Allegations of Racial Discrimination by Columbus Police
The Ohio Civil Rights Commission has charged the Columbus police for failing to act on complaints of racism and discrimination within the division. The issue comes at a time when minority recruiting and community policing are becoming more popular ways for police departments to ease racial tensions.
- Randy Ludlow, Senior Reporter, The Columbus Dispatch
- Karl Shaw, Officer, Columbus Division of Police
- Eric Cornett, Former Officer, Columbus Division of Police
- Fred Gittes, Attorney, The Gittes Law Group
- Michael S. Weinman, Director of Government Affairs, Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio
- Delores Jones-Brown, Professor in the Department of Law, Police Science and Criminal Justice Administration at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York