Wellness Wednesday: Antibacterial Soap, New Crisis Hotline for Youth, Asthma and Allergies
Some studies are throwing doubt on the benefits of antibacterial soap in terms of its safety and effectiveness. Also, Franklin County has created a new crisis hotline specifically to help those seventeen and younger who are experiencing a behavioral health crisis. And, how to understand allergies and asthma this spring season.
- Patrick McNamara, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Construction and Environmental Engineering, Marquette University
- Dr. Stuart Levy, Director, Center for Adaptation Genetics and Drug Resistance at Tufts University School of Medicine
- Ericka Bruns, Clinical Director, Behavioral Health Crisis Services at Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Dr. Arnaldo Perez, Allergist and Immunologist, Mount Carmel St. Ann’s
- Franklin County Youth and Adolescent Psychiatric Crisis Line: 614-722-1800
- Franklin County Adult Psychiatric Line: 614-276-2273
- Suicide Prevention Line: 614-221-5445 or 1-800-273-8255
This show originally aired on April 20, 2016 at 11 a.m.