Wellness Wednesday: Concussions in Sports, Healthcare for Older Americans and Nutrition News
Researchers studying the connection between sports related concussions and degenerative brain disease are often using male brains to study the link. Recently though, U.S. women’s soccer star Brandi Chastain pledged to aid the research for female athletes by donating her brain to science. Also in this week's wellness news, the price of health care for older Americans and the latest in nutrition advice.
- Antonia Carroll, Director, Franklin County Office on Aging
- Tricia Neuman, Senior Vice President, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Katherine Snedaker, Executive Director, Pink Concussions
- Michael Tiso, Sports Medicine Physician, Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center
- Monica Reinagel, Licensed Nutritionist and Host, Nutrition Diva Podcast
This show originally aired on March 9, 2016 at 11 a.m.