Homeless Veterans and PTSD
According to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, 50,000 American veterans are homeless and 1,200 of those homeless veterans live in Ohio. Every 65 minutes, one veteran commits suicide, and that number is on the rise. This hour, we'll discuss a new documentary about veterans who have returned from war and the difficult road they travel back to a normal life.
- David Morris, Musician and Vietnam Veteran with PTSD
- Barbara Kopple, Academy Award-Winning Filmmaker, Producer, and Director of the documentary Shelter
- Dr. Heather Axtell, Clinical Psychologist and PTSD Clinical Team Leader at Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center
- Dr. Jonathan Shay, Psychiatrist and Author of two books on combat trauma
- Kevin McClatchy, Actor and Assistant Professor in the Department of Theatre at The Ohio State University
- Responsibility, Morality and The Costs of War: PTSD, Moral Injury and Beyond symposium - Thursday, November 12, 2015 to Saturday, November 14, 2015 at the Drake Performance and Event Center
This show originally aired on November 5 2015 at 10 a.m.