Wellness Wednesday: Blood Pressure Guidelines, Syphilis and HIV Testing
Doctors are describing a major recent study as a potential game changer in the way millions of Americans with high blood pressure are treated. The study found that aggressively lowering blood pressure could significantly reduce the risk of heart attacks, strokes and deaths.
- Dr. Udayan Bhatt, study investigator and nephrologist, Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Dr. Jackson Wright Jr., study investigator and blood pressure expert, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals Case Medical Center
- Bernadette Melnyk, dean of the Ohio State School of Nursing and Chief Wellness Officer at Ohio State
- John Henry, health official, Columbus Public Health
- Dr. Carlos Malvestutto, infectious disease specialist, Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center
For more information or to locate HIV testing sites, click here.
This show originally aired on September 23, 2015 at 11 a.m.