Ohio State warns of fentanyl-laced Adderall after overdose deaths
Updated May 6, 2022 11:44 AM. ET
Two Ohio State University students have died after reportedly overdosing.
Three students were hospitalized Wednesday night just off-campus. A resident at a home on Lane Avenue called police around 10:45 p.m. saying their roommates were overdosing.
Following the death of one of the students on Thursday, Ohio State President Kristina Johnson wrote in an online statement that one student remained hospitalized in critical condition and that a third student had been released from the hospital. An update from Johnson on Friday confirmed the death of a second student.
Our community has suffered a tragic loss with the death of one of our students earlier today. Our hearts ache, and I encourage you to continue to care for one another. https://t.co/Z9THMGhFwC— Kristina M. Johnson (@PresKMJohnson) May 5, 2022
OSU has not released the names of the students involved. The university is warning students about the dangers of fentanyl-laced Adderall pills.
Columbus Public Health shared an alert about fake Adderall pills, which appear to contain fentanyl, causing an increase in overdoses and hospitalizations, according to a statement from the Ohio State Office of Student Life.