Source of carbon monoxide at hotel sought; 11 go to hospital
Authorities are trying to find the source of carbon monoxide after 11 people, more than half of them children, were taken to the hospital from a Hampton Inn in Ohio.
Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley told the Columbus Dispatch that everyone who was hospitalized had been in the pool area of the Hampton Inn. A hospital official said victims had been stabilized or upgraded. Riley said Sunday morning that he had no immediate update on the investigation.
The hotel has since been evacuated. Riley said a Hampton Inn maintenance team was en route from out of state.
A representative of the Hampton Inn Marysville said Sunday that officials were “fully cooperating with the local authorities as they investigate this incident.”