Ohio Voting Guide: How To Vote In The 2020 Election
Election Day is November 3, and it may be one unlike any other. During this unprecedented election, it’s important to know your options for exercising your right to vote.
WOSU put together a visual guide to help you navigate voting, whether absentee or in-person, for Ohio’s 2020 general election. Download a PDF of this infographic.
For complete coverage of the upcoming election, check out WOSU's guide on What To Know About The 2020 Election.
Ohio How To Vote Guide
Verify that you are registered to vote and that your address is up to date.
How To Vote By Mail
If you’re registered to vote in Ohio, you can request a ballot by mail and vote from home. However you mist complete the following steps.
- Request a mail-in ballot. Complete and mail an absentee ballot application.
- Receive your mail-in ballot. Ballots begin being mailed October 6.
- Return your ballot. Fill out, sign and mail or drop oﬀ your ballot by November 2.
- Verify receipt of your ballot. Track the status of your ballot all the way through certification.
For more information on how to request a mail-in ballot, watch this how-to video.
For more information on the steps to complete your mail-in ballot watch this how-to video.
How To Vote In Person
Don’t forget to bring your ID!
- Find your polling location.
- Early voting beings October 6.
- Election Day. Polls are open 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- October 5: Deadline to register to vote or update your voter registration
- October 6: Early in-person voting starts, and ballots begin being mailed
- October 31: Deadline to request a mail-in ballot
- November 2: Last day for early in-person and mail-in voting
- November 3: General Election polls are open 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.