© 2021 WOSU Public Media
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
News

Licking County Worker Electrocuted

Police tape
Flickr
/
Creative Commons
Authorities say Wolfe had been working on a scissor lift and doing electric work when the incident occurred.

Fire officials say a central Ohio man has died after he was electrocuted at a construction site.

Heath Fire Department Captain Warren McCord says 24-year-old James Wolfe was electrocuted shortly before 3 p.m. Thursday at a construction site in Heath, east of Columbus. 

McCord says Wolfe, of Newark, was an electrician.  He says Wolfe had been working on a scissor lift and doing electric work when the incident occurred.

Officials say Wolfe was in cardiac arrest when first responders arrived. He was then taken to a nearby hospital, where he died.