© 2022 WOSU Public Media
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
News

Four dead in home with high carbon monoxide

Police say the deaths of four people found in a house in Columbus apparently were accidental from carbon monoxide poisoning. Detective Patrick Dorn says autopsy results are expected to confirm that.

Columbus Police spokeswoman Sherry Mercurio says the bodies were found above a garage where a Yellow Cab had been running with the door closed.

A fire department spokeswoman says carbon monoxide measured in an upstairs closet found levels eight times higher than the level when the gas is considered dangerous. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless.

The victims included a 46-year-old man, his 45-year-old girlfriend, his eleven-year-old daughter and his 21-year-old son.

A brother of the man found the four unconscious. He says his brother often let the cab warm up in the garage.