Columbus City Schools, Reynoldsburg Extend Remote Learning
Remote learning continues at many Columbus City Schools Tuesday because of staffing shortages.
Students at 13 schools will have online assignments today. That's more than Monday.
A statement on the district's website identifies the affected schools as:
- Berwick Alternative Pre K-8
- Eastmoor Academy
- Fairmoor Elementary School
- Johnson Park Middle School
- Linden-McKinley STEM Academy 7-12 Ridgeview Middle School
- Sherwood Middle School South High 7-12
- West Mound Elementary School
- Whetstone High School
- Woodward Park Middle School
- Woodward Park at Walden 6th Grade
- Yorktown Middle School
Remote learning is also being extended in Reynoldsburg because of a shortage of bus drivers and other staff members. A letter sent to parents said all preschool and high school students will learn remotely, while elementary and middle school students would still report to their school.
Even with the highly contagious omicron variant fueling record case numbers, most students around Ohio and the rest of the country are still reporting to school as normal.