Wellness Wednesday: LGBT Health, Dental Shortage, Medical Round-Up
Oral health is a strong indicator of overall health, but the Buckeye State is facing a major shortage in dentists, especially in rural areas. This hour we'll examine the disparity in dental care, and how the state is addressing the problem. We'll also celebrate Pride Month, and talk to Columbus' new LGBTQ Health Advocate. Then we'll learn why a little altruism can keep your heart pumping.
- Dr. Teresa Long, Columbus Health Commissioner
- Dwayne Steward, LGBTQ Health Advocate at Columbus Public Health
- David Maywhoor, Program Director of Dental Access Now!
- Lynn Monstwil, DDS, Dentist practicing in Westerville, OH
- Dr. John Swartzberg, Chair, Editorial Board, UC Berkeley Wellness Letter