Update on Ohios Redistricting/Mediation to Prevent Violence
Last week, frustration in the Ohio House of Representatives over a proposed redistricting map made headlines. Debate continues as Republicans hang on to their map while Democrats push what they claim to be a new, more fair one. Will they ever come to a conclusion for Ohio's Congressional districts?
- Jim Siegel (reporter, Columbus Dispatch)
There once was a time when certain Chicago neighborhoods were synonymous to the word violence. That was before the organization CeaseFire and other community leaders took a stand to the crime they took part in or witnessed. During a one-year period director Steve James and author Alex Kotlowitz followed the preventative measures taking place. They made the critically-acclaimed documentary "The Interrupters" from what they saw.
- Zak Piper (documentary film producer)
- Ameena Matthews (CeaseFire Interrupter)
- Deanna Wilkinson (Founder, Cease Fire Columbus; Associate Professor, Human Development, Ohio State University)
- Tammy Fournier (Outreach Specialist, Ohio State University)
"The Interrupters" will be screened Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 7 p.m. in the Wexner Centerâs Mershon Auditorium, 1871 N. High St., on the campus of The Ohio State University. Panel discussion immediately following. Tickets are $7; members, students, and senior citizens $5 (wexarts.org or 614-292-3535). The film contains strong language.